Where to Feast in Portland This Thanksgiving
The holiday season has arrived and Thanksgiving is so close we can almost taste the pumpkin pie! Planning a Turkey Day getaway to Portland? If toiling away in the kitchen all day isn’t your thing, skip the holiday stress and let professional chefs take care of the cooking! Find the feast that fits your style with our suggestions below.
- Andina. For the perfect blend of traditional and exotic, enjoy Thanksgiving dinner at the Pearl District hotspot, Andina. The Peruvian-inspired restaurant is offering a special three-course menu featuring flavorful options such as Pavo Colonial, a roasted natural turkey breast served on a bed of braised oca and Swiss chard. Listen to live music played by local Latin artists throughout the evening.
- Virtuous Pie. Spare a turkey’s life and opt for vegan fare this year at PDX favorite, Virtuous Pie. Their festive Autumn Harvest Dinner is a four-course vegan meal that benefits Red Lodge Transition Services, an organization that helps Native Americans who are transitioning back into the community after jail or prison. With a great cause to support and dishes like Mushroom Duxelles Roulade, you can’t go wrong.
- Alto Bajo. Portland’s newest downtown food destination, Alto Bajo, provides two family-style menus to please even the pickiest eater on your guest list this Thanksgiving. Go traditional with roasted turkey, foie gras stuffing, green bean casserole, and cranberry jelly or spice things up with Oaxacan-infused offerings including braised turkey in mole roko, chile-spiced Brussels with toasted Oregon hazelnuts and calabaza rostizada.
- Prost! German pub and beer hall, Prost!, is hosting its 9th-annual Prostgiving event, a complimentary Thanksgiving Day dinner showcasing 100lbs of turkey and all the fixings, from homemade stuffing to mashed potatoes. Guests are encouraged to bring their own family-recipe side dishes to share at the communal tables, then wash it all down with an ice-cold German bier.
- Altabira City Tavern. Perched high above Portland’s burgeoning Eastside with sweeping views of the downtown Portland skyline, Altabira City Tavern is Hotel Eastlund’s very own rooftop bar and restaurant, showcasing the work of chef David Machado. Open on Thanksgiving Day for the first time ever, you can expect smart, modern twists on comforting classics to indulge in like roast turkey with Andouille sausage stuffing, hazelnut-crusted Alaskan king salmon and more. Plus, enjoy the exciting PK80 Phil Knight Invitational right across the street at the Moda Center, 11:30 a.m.-9 p.m.
A stay at our Portland luxury hotel means you’ll be close to the best destinations, restaurants and attractions Portland has to offer. Whether you’re here for business, pleasure or looking for an event space in Portland, the team at Hotel Eastlund looks forward to helping you discover this beautiful city!